The Virginia CHC Leadership Institute was created to help Virginia’s community health centers (CHCs) define and communicate the value they deliver to their communities. Additionally, the Leadership Institute assists CHCs in optimizing performance in clinical care, health center management, and community development through the use of best practice research.
One of the unique programs that the Leadership Institute offers is the CHC Leadership Institute Learning Program for health center teams. This program invites teams of up to five experienced and emerging leaders from clinical care, administration, and the board to participate. Over the course of nine months, the teams attend three Leadership Learning Sessions. During these sessions, the teams define and execute a best practice learning plan, and ultimately complete and present a Capstone Project that addresses a priority issue at their CHC.
At the June Association meeting earlier this year, 12 CHC teams graduated from the 2017 Cohort Class of the Virginia CHC Leadership Institute Learning Program. Over the course of two days, each team presented their Capstone Project, allowing all participants to learn, share, and discuss their experiences.
This year’s graduating teams came from the following CHCs:
- Capital Area Health Network
- Central Virginia Health Services, Inc.
- Community Health Center of the New River Valley
- Daily Planet Health Services
- Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc.
- Harrisonburg Community Health Center
- Johnson Health Center
- New Horizons Healthcare
- Olde Towne Medical and Dental Center
- Piedmont Access to Health Services Inc.
- Rockbridge Area Health Center
- Tri-Area Community Health