Position Title: Population Health Data Analyst
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared/Revised Date: January 2021
Internal Posting Date: January 13, 2021
Submit Resume To: email@example.com
The Population Health Data Analyst reports to the Chief Administrative Officer of the PCA/HCCN and will analyze data to assist Virginia Community Health Centers improve operations and the patient experience. The Analyst will interpret data to influence strategies that drive better clinical outcomes, lower costs, and improve operational efficiency. The position will design new ways to incorporate data through IT-focused solutions by creating different models based on an evaluation of statistical population and public health data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSITILITIES:
- Liaison with VA CHC executives and project leadership to identify business needs that can be supported by data and analytics.
- Provide support for decision-making processes based on data analysis.
- Support the full data and analytics life cycle from understanding business needs from data preparation though analysis and reporting.
- Develop technical and functional requirements based on the priority business needs for financial and operational reporting and analytics.
- Perform on-going data management process including profiling, validation and remediation to continuously improve data quality.
- Manage data aggregation from external data sources (i.e., HCCN contractors, VDOH, DMAS, HRSA, SAMHSA, MCOs, funders, others)
- Develop and maintain databases, dashboards, and other key technical solutions.
- Design, build and manage appropriate role-based access to data marts, models and data sets containing PHI within the data structures available to downstream partners.
- Create data marts, models and data sets to support the unique data needs of various user groups being provided role-based access to DMAS/MCOs to support their reporting and analytic needs.
- Query and analyze electronic medical record and claim data.
- Create standard and ad hoc reports and visualizations to generate actionable insights.
- Work with project teams (e.g., HCCN Clinical Committee, PCA Workgroups) to define questions, form hypotheses, create data sets, discover positive and negative correlations to patient outcomes
- Build computer models for performance analysis (i.e., trending, benchmarking, predictive models)
- Work with CCIC’s contractors closely on data integrity.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, epidemiology, computer science or similar degrees.
- At least one-year previous experience working with EMR and/or medical and pharmacy claims data to create data sets, queries and reports.
- Previous experience generating performance reports using industry standard measures such as HEDIS, PQRS, HRSA, NQF, AHRQ.
- Experience integrating, normalizing and standardizing data sets and creating, querying and analyzing data.
- Previous experience working in a data warehouse environment preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Understand clinical best practices and industry standards of care.
- Understand how to identify gaps in care.
- Establish ROI models for care management programs.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial medical and pharmacy claims data sets.
- Develop and execute automated ETL scripts for data from sources systems to target.
- Data profiling, remediation and on-going quality improvement.
- Strong understanding of EMR generated clinical data.
- Standard and ad hoc report building, dashboards and visualizations using standard BI tools.
- High proficiency using the tools available on the Microsoft platform.
- Works well independently or as part of a team.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
CERTIFCATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical requirements of the position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel for this position is minimal
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position. The employee work 8 hours per day on an adjusted schedule from a start of 7:00 am to a finish of 6:00 pm
Staff work in-office on a rotation schedule, some workdays remotely