- This event has passed.
Virginia Health Care Foundation: SignUpNow Workshops
May 12, 2016 @ 9:00 AM - June 29, 2016 @ 12:30 PM
Various Workshop Locations and Dates Offered
- Fredericksburg, May 12th from 9:00AM to 12:30PM
- Harrisonburg, May 17th from 9:30AM to 1:00PM
- Hampton, May 31st from 9:30AM to 1:00PM
- Richmond, June 1st from 9:00AM to 12:30PM
- Fairfax, June 22nd from 9:30AM to 1:00PM
- Abingdon, June 28th from 9:00AM to 12:30PM
- Roanoke, June 29th from 9:00AM to 12:30PM
SignUpNow workshops are designed for administrators, staff and volunteers in community programs serving children and families who are interested in Virginia’s state-sponsored health insurance programs for children and pregnant women. The information presented will be of value to organizations such as: schools, hospitals, clinics, community health centers, pediatric practices, Head Start, home-visiting programs, social services, health departments, family service organizations, churches, community action agencies, extension offices, youth programs, child care providers, human resources staff of local employers, and outreach workers in any setting.
What You Will Learn
The workshops provide in-depth information on the FAMIS, FAMIS Plus, Medicaid for Pregnant Women, FAMIS MOMS, and the Low Income Children and Families programs. The topics presented include:
- Who qualifies for the programs and how does a family apply
- The covered benefits, terms of coverage, and costs of the programs
- How you can work with the Cover Virginia Call Center, your local Department of Social Services, and CommonHelp to help a family apply
- How FAMIS/FAMIS Plus, Medicaid for Pregnant Women/FAMIS MOMS, Plan First and LIFC are coordinated
- What you can do to get the word out in your community about these programs
- Important changes that were made to the programs over the last year and other changes that are expected in the near future.
All workshop participants receive a comprehensive Tool Kit with FAMIS program information, forms and resources to use in working with families.