A Continuing Education Program Presented by VCHA
This free, six-module CE course, teaches tools and techniques to promote health literacy compliance and patient understanding in your practice. The content was derived and modified from the Network of the National Library of Medicine’s (NNLM) Clinical Conversations Training Program on Health Literacy by the Virginia Community Healthcare Association (VCHA) under a Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) grant.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by VCHA and the University of Virginia School of Medicine and School of Nursing, jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Modules are approximately 30-60 minutes and may be completed online all at once, or at your own pace.
Registration and Pre-Evaluation Form
Prior to beginning these modules, please complete this registration and pre-evaluation survey, which should take approximately 5-10 minutes.
Module 1: Health Literacy Introduction, Definitions and Importance
- Take post test survey at the completion of Module 1
- Claim your CE credit (activity code: 144459). Step-by-step guide.
Module 2: Resources for Health Literacy
- Take post test survey at the completion of Module 2
- Claim your CE credit (activity code: 144460). Step-by-step guide.
Module 3: Clear Communication (NEW)
- Take post test survey at the completion of Module 3
- Claim your CE credit (activity code: 144461). Step-by-step guide.
Module 4: Teach Back (coming soon!)
- Take post test survey at the completion of Module 4
- Claim your CE credit (activity code: 144462). Step-by-step guide.
Module 5: Numeracy (coming soon!)
- Take post test survey at the completion of Module 5
- Claim your CE credit (activity code: 144463). Step-by-step guide.
Module 6: Health Literacy and Medications (coming soon!)
- Take post test survey at the completion of Module 6
- Claim your CE credit (activity code: 144464). Step-by-step guide.
NOTE: MOC credit for physicians will be reported quarterly. For questions, contact email@example.com
John Whyte, MD, CMO, WebMD
John is the CMO of WebMD and a practicing primary care physician who has worked for CMS, the FDA, and Discovery Health CME.
- David Christian, RPh, Pharmacy Director, Central Virginia Health Services, Inc.
- Joan K. Lingen, MD, FACOG, Chief Medical Officer, Eastern Shore Rural Health System, Inc.
- Christian Neal, MD, MPA, Psychiatrist, Johnson Health Center
- Gang Fang, Pharm. D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Division of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy
- Vladimir Markovic, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Family Medicine Hampton Roads Community Health Center
- Leslie Hanley, Pharm. D., Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Central Virginia Health Services, Inc.
- Robert A. Winn, MD, Director, VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Tracy Douglas, MS – Course Director, Chief Executive Officer, Virginia Community Healthcare Association
- Lynn Cantwell – Program Manager, Interim Director of Communications & Outreach, Virginia Community Healthcare Association
*All of the individuals involved in the planning and execution of this educational series have no financial affiliations to report.
For questions about this CE opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.