Horizon Health Services, Inc. (HHS), a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) organization, is accepting applications for the full-time, salaried position of Chief Executive Officer. The primary role is to manage all aspects of the organization and strategies to achieve the mission and goals of HHS.
Resumes will be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org from 8:00 am; Friday, October 23, 2020, until 5:00 pm on Friday, November 20, 2020.
The CEO works under the policy making and strategic direction of the Board of Directors providing monthly reporting for oversite purposes.
- Provides leadership, direction and administration of clinical operations and services of HHS.
- Responsible to employ qualified personnel and provide needed training.
- Ensures quality/sound clinical operations.
- Ensures the organization complies with Board Policies and all Federal, State and local regulations and requirements.
- Ensures that grant funds are used for the purposes stated by the grantors.
- Responsible for preparation of annual budgets and grant applications for funding from the Department of Health and Human Services/PHS and others. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for monthly reporting of clinical services, finances and budgetary management.
- All other tasks assigned or such requirements of the organization as may arise.
The following qualifications, skills and experience are desirable:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. Experience may be considered in absence of the degree.
- Experience as CEO or staff manager of a Community Health Center or other health care organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct responsibility in management of FQHC health organization.
- In-depth knowledge of health industry including risk management, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in financial budgeting and managing resources.
- Experience in developing strategies and implementing vision.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the successful promotion of process improvements.
- Experience in general management best practices.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of corporate governance.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Horizon Health Services, Inc. (HHS) is an award-winning nonprofit organization, offering primary care medical and dental services in three counties in Southside VA. Sussex, Surry, & Southampton counties are all federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA). HHS was opened in 1979 and employs 46 employees, of which 6 are professional providers. The current operating budget is $4 million, which includes a $1.5 annual federal grant award from the US Department of Health and Human Services. This grant is used to serve uninsured and underinsured patients. Demographics of the communities served may be further described as: high levels of poverty, higher than state average for unemployment, numbers of uninsured/underinsured, and high levels of minority populations. These characteristics are not unique in the community health center (CHC) setting and have earmarked CHC’s as safety net providers.
HHS offers primary care services to patients of all ages (pediatric through geriatric) at three (3) medical centers and one dental office. Currently HHS services 4,600 patients. Services include office visits for both acute and chronic illnesses, lab work, cancer and other disease screenings, EKG, immunizations/injections, minor emergency care, health education/case management, pharmacy assistance via the federal 340(b) program, behavioral health care, and basic preventative dental care. All HHS services are offered on a sliding fee scale to ensure quality care is not hindered by financial barrier. Centers are typically open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am. to 5:00 pm.
HHS is governed by a volunteer community Board of Directors. Management staff works in the Administrative office located in Ivor, VA.
Acceptance of a job offer shall be subject to drug test, a criminal background check and sex offender registry inquiry.