Does your Health Center offer exercise classes, cooking lessons, or another type of class for patients? Film a class with the instructor for social media to encourage healthy habits at home and future participation in in-person classes. You can prerecord classes and post them online or try and do a live stream.
Step-by-Step Guide to Live Streaming
- Plan your live stream like you would any other event
- Who– Is there a target audience that you have in mind? Current Patients? Patients with a certain health condition? New patients? Think about what time during the day your target audience would be online.
- What– What type of live stream or prerecorded video you wish to post? Is it a healthy cooking classes? A free virtual fitness class? Is it a workshop on how to manage diabetes?
- Stream an “Ask a Provider” Q&A- Using Facebook or Instagram Live or the Instagram Stories Question Sticker, encourage followers to send in questions they may have for a provider. Have some questions prepared in advance in case of low participation.
- Where– Pick which social media platform you want to use for your live stream.
- Choose your equipment
- Laptop or desktop with webcam or built-in camera
- Tripod: If you are using a cellphone either look for a tripod phone mount that connects to a regular tripod or a phone tripod.
- External Microphone
- Promote your live stream
- Test your equipment before the live stream